Flirty, Fashionable, And Fabulous Valentine’s Day Nail Designs
By: Katie Saxton
Valentine’s Day is just around the bend, which means you’re probably rushing to the mall to pick out the perfect dress for the big date night and select a gift for your sweetheart! Don’t forget to make sure your nails are ready to impress your beau and everyone you pass by on the way to your candlelit dinner table! If you’re wondering how to jazz up your nails for the romantic holiday, you’re in luck!
There are many fancy and fun ways to decorate your nails for Valentine’s Day. You can choose to coat your nails with a flirty pink polish or a ravishing red, or take a walk on the wild side and adorn your nails with an intricate water marble nail design! This Valentine’s Day, try out any of the below nail styles to get your nails primped and ready for the big date!
1. Ravishing Red: The color red evokes images of romantic rose bouquets and heart-adorned Valentine’s Day cards. This year, coat your nails with a deep and enchanting red polish or sparkly red to woo your sweetheart!
2. Pretty Pink: For an extra flirty and feminine look, coat your nails with a pale pink, purplish-pink, or sparkly pink polish. Valentine’s Day is not complete without pink conversation hearts, and this universal color also will complete your look for the big date!
3. Starry-Eyed Caviar Nails: Caviar nails exude classiness and style, and this look is perfect for Valentine’s Day! For your romantic caviar mani, you will need red nail polish, a jar of red microbeads, and a jar of pink mircrobeads. Pour equal amounts of each jar of microbeads into a bowl and mix together. Then, paint your nails with a coat of red polish and let dry. Add one more coat of red to each nail and, while the polish is wet, hold your hand over a tray and pour the red and pink microbeads on each nail. Gently pat the microbeads so they stick to the wet polish and let dry. Now your nails are ready for your romantic date with your loved one!
4. Water Marble Hearts: Water marble nails are all the rage right now, and this look is perfect for your Valentine’s Day get-up! To do this intricate and fabulous design, start off with a cup of room temperature water, a bottle of pink polish, a bottle of purple polish, a bottle of red polish, tape, and several toothpicks. Place tape around the edge of the first nail, covering the cuticles. Add two drops of pink to the water and let spread, then a drop of purple polish in the middle of the pink polish, and a drop of red in the middle of the purple. Then, take a toothpick and drag one edge of the polish to the center of the circle, creating a heart design. Press your nail into the heart design, making sure that the heart is right-side up on your nail. Use a toothpick to scrape excess polish away from the edges of the nail, and take the nail out of the water. Then remove the tape and let dry. Use a toothpick to clear the polish from the top of the water, and repeat the process with the rest of the nails. The end result: a beautiful Valentine’s Day mani that will turn heads wherever you and your honey go!
5. Charming Two-Tone Mani: Two-tone manicures are a major trend right now, and decorating your nails with this style will help you look stunning this Valentine’s Day! Paint your nails with a sparky pink polish and let dry, then place tape one millimeter from the tip of your nail and add a stripe of dark pink or red polish over nail tip and edge of the tape. Take the tape off and let dry, then add a coat of clear polish.
6. Amorous Half Moon Mani: This dreamy design is sure to capture your loved one’s eyes. To do this style, paint your nails pink, let dry, and then cover the bottom half of each nail with a hole reinforcer or a half-circle of tape, making certain that a semi-circle of paper/tape protrudes from the bottom of each nail. Add a coat of a dashing red polish over the paper/tape covering and the rest of the nail, and then take off the paper/tape covering and let dry. Finally, finish the mani by adding a clear topcoat. Your romantic half moon design will look fabulous with your Valentine’s Day dress!
7. Sentimental Stamped Hearts: Heart nail stamps are a fab and flirty way to add pizazz to your Valentine’s Day mani! Before you do this design, make sure you have pale pink polish, dark pink polish, clear topcoat, and a nail stamp kit with a heart stamping plate on hand. We like the Nail Art Stamping Set by Shany Cosmetics. Paint your nails pale pink and let dry, then place dark pink polish over the heart design on the stamping plate, and use the nail kit’s scraper to rid the plate of excess polish. While the dark pink polish is still wet, place the stamper over the plate so the heart design transfers, then press the stamper down on the nail. Do this until each nail is adorned with flirty dark pink hearts. Finish the look by adding a clear topcoat to each nail.
8. Tickled Pink Tape Mani: A lovable striped mani made with strips of tape is a fabulous style that your Valentine is sure to adore! Paint your nails red and let dry, and place thin strips of tape on the first nail in a fun zigzag pattern. Paint a coat of pink polish over the entire nail and tape strips, and then immediately remove the strips of tape and let dry. Repeat this tape method for the rest of the nails, and add a final clear topcoat to finish the look.
About Custom Nail Solutions
If you were wondering how to decorate your nails for Valentine’s Day, the above list should help. The Custom Nail Solutions Nail System provides a perfect canvas for the above nail trends. It is a revolutionary artificial nail product that offers custom nails that uniquely fit only your nail beds, are reusable and chemical-free. They are thinner, stronger, and virtually indestructible. You can have lovely, natural looking salon-style nails on your own schedule and in the comfort of your own home